First Birthday Cake Smash & Splash
How does it work?
- First, book your cake smash as far in advance as possible for planning purposes and to be sure to secure a date. Cake smashes must be booked a minimum of three weeks prior to the desired session date. You should aim for a date that is about 3 weeks before their birthday so that images can be edited and returned in time.
- Next, choose a theme for your cake smash! We'll discuss what theme you choose so that I can be sure to have any backdrops or decorations/props on hand before your session. I will put together a studio setting to match (backdrop, banners, numbers, confetti, glitter curtains, cake stand, etc.) to create the perfect scene! Have an idea? Share it with me so that we can work together!
- Select an outfit (or two!) for your little one to wear. You will bring these with you to the session. Please send me a picture of the outfit(s) you choose so that I can ensure they match the scene!
- Decide whether you are going to make your own cake, or if you'd prefer to order one from a professional bakery. You are responsible for bringing the cake and ensuring it matches the theme. Feel free to send me pictures if you'd unsure if it will match!
Do you have a water baby?
All cake smash sessions include complimentary bath photos* while we clean up your little one! Most babies absolutely love this part of the session - and we do, too! Sit back and enjoy watching them splash and play while I capture their sweet innocent nature, chubby rolls, and adorable smiles!
*For babies celebrating their first birthday only. Includes a small round white tub. Upgrade to our special clawfoot tub for just $20 more! Please mention that you'd like to use the clawfoot tub at the time of booking.
Cake Smash Session Package
For babies turning one year old (BEST three weeks before birthday)
Basic decorations included
Portraits, cake smash, and bath images included
10 digital images
$225 (Cake not provided)
- If you would prefer a themed session with a special backdrop (lumberjack, farm, characters, floral, etc.), please let us know well in advance. We have an extensive backdrop collection, but there may be an additional charge for a backdrop that goes with your theme. Please keep in mind that it takes several weeks to receive a new backdrop order and plan accordingly.
- You are responsible for ordering and picking up the smash cake from a professional bakery or providing a home-made cake. Please avoid chocolate cake and avoid fondant decorations (this can pose as a choking hazard). Whipped buttercream frosting in light colors works best with light cake colors. If you prefer to provide a home-baked cake yourself instead of a professional bakery, please make sure that no toothpicks or other structural items are placed inside the cake. Also please avoid lining the base plate with tin foil. A plain white plate or colors matching your session work best - please mention this to the bakery when ordering your cake. Please keep in mind that colored frosting may stain!