First Birthday Cake Smashes
How does it work?
- First, book your cake smash as far in advance as possible for planning purposes and to be sure to secure a date. Cake smashes must be booked a minimum of three weeks prior to the desired session date. You should aim for a date that is about 2-3 weeks before their birthday so that images can be edited and returned in time.
- Then, select an outfit for your little one to wear. You will bring this with you to the session.
- Next, send me a picture of what your child will be wearing and the cake you have ordered to me, and I will put together a studio setting to match (backdrop, banners, numbers, confetti, glitter curtains, cake stand, etc) to create the perfect scene! Have an idea? Share it with me so that we can work together!
Do you have a water baby?
Our cake smash sessions now include complimentary bath photos* while we clean up your little one! Most babies absolutely love this part of the session - and we do, too! Sit back and enjoy watching them splash and play while I capture their sweet innocent nature, chubby rolls, and adorable smiles!
*For babies celebrating their first birthday only
Cake Smash Session Package
For babies turning one year old (BEST three weeks before birthday)
Basic decorations included
Portraits, cake smash, and bath images included
10 digital images
Cake provided for $20 additional.
$175 (Cake not provided)
- If you would prefer a themed session with a special backdrop (lumberjack, farm, characters, floral, etc.), please let us know well in advance. There may be an additional charge for a backdrop that goes with your theme. Please keep in mind that it takes several weeks to receive a new backdrop order and plan accordingly.
- We are happy to provide a small simple smash cake for an additional fee. Otherwise, you are responsible for ordering and picking up the smash cake from a professional bakery. Please avoid chocolate cake and please avoid fondant decorations (this can pose as a choking hazard). Whipped buttercream frosting works best with light cake colors. If you prefer to provide a home-baked cake yourself instead of a professional bakery, please make sure that no toothpicks or other structural items are placed inside the cake. Also please avoid lining the base plate with tin foil. A plain white plate or colors matching your session work best - please mention this to the bakery when ordering your cake.